We’ve been following Danny MacAskill’s amazing bicycle prowess for years, and his new video is a real treat. Never stop playing…
What is the Fed so afraid of, if every analyst is saying buy buy buy everything is great, why is the Fed still in crisis management mode?
Michael J. Fox has a new show coming out, and it looks great. I’m not a big TV watcher, but I’ll be recording this series, check out the trailer:
Some view from up there. We had seen some photos, but here is HD video of the spire being hoisted to the top of the new World Trade Center.
HOMEMADE MOSQUITO TRAP:
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
1 2-liter bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are also drawn to the color black.)
Device will be effective for up to 2 weeks.
Today the Dow Jones broke through its 2007 high, created an all time new high, and kept on going. But today has a very different feel to it than 2007 did, here’s some bullet points on just how different things are today compared to the 2007 pre-crash high:
Dow Jones Industrial Average: Then (2007) 14164.5; Now (2013) 14164.5
Regular Gas Price: Then $2.75; Now $3.73
GDP Growth: Then +2.5%; Now +1.6%
Americans Unemployed (in Labor Force): Then 6.7 million; Now 13.2 million
Americans On Food Stamps: Then 26.9 million; Now 47.69 million
Size of Fed’s Balance Sheet: Then $0.89 trillion; Now $3.01 trillion
US Debt as a Percentage of GDP: Then ~38%; Now 74.2%
US Deficit (LTM): Then $97 billion; Now $975.6 billion
Total US Debt Outstanding: Then $9.008 trillion; Now $16.43 trillion
US Household Debt: Then $13.5 trillion; Now 12.87 trillion
Labor Force Participation Rate: Then 65.8%; Now 63.6%
Consumer Confidence: Then 99.5; Now 69.6
S&P Rating of the US: Then AAA; Now AA+
NYSE Average LTM Volume (per day): Then 1.3 billion shares; Now 545 million shares
As Jim Cramer said today, “we all know it’s going to end badly, but in the meantime we can make some money”